Data Privacy Statement
The Philippine College of Criminology (PCCR) recognizes its responsibilities, respects your right to privacy, and aims to comply with the requirements of all relevant privacy and data protection laws under the Republic Act No. 10173 (Act), also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, with respect to the data it collects, records, organizes, updates, consolidates, or destructs from its students and stakeholders.
What We Collect
Whenever you browse this site, we automatically record technical information about your visit. They may include the following:
– browser type and version
– browser plug-in types and versions
– date and time of connection
– length of visits to certain pages
– IP address – operating system
– pages viewed/searched for
– page interaction information (e.g., scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
– page response time
– time zone setting
– download errors
– platforms and referrers
In most instances, this information, by itself, is not sufficient to determine your identity.
Why We Collect Them
The recorded information is used primarily to help keep the site safe and secure. In addition, it may also be used for bug tracking, investigations relating to a security or data breach, and usage statistics.
If we need to use any collected information that constitutes personal data for purposes not compatible with those listed here, we will inform you prior to such use and, where required by law, obtain your consent.
How We Use, Store, and Retain Them
The personal data obtained from this website is entered and stored within PCCR’s authorized information and communications system and are only accessed by its authorized personnel and agents, such as, in some cases, third party service providers. PCCR has instituted appropriate organizational, technical, and physical security measures to ensure the protection of its students’ and stakeholders’ data.
Furthermore, the information collected and stored on this website shall only be used for the following purposes:
– Processing and reporting of documents related to academic requirements, under certain conditions as required by law.
– Announcements and promotions of events, programs, courses, and other activities offered or organized by PCCR and its partners.
– Activities pertaining to establishing relations with students, alumni, and stakeholders.
PCCR will not disclose its students’ and stakeholders’ personal information without their consent and shall retain this information over a period of ten years for the effective implementation and management of academic requirements.